There is now a major mosquito danger within flood impacted communities. In order to provide some relief to affected communities, RAWCS has acquired thousands of mosquito repellent candles.
RAWCS has taken the initiative and will coordinate immediate distribution of mosquito repellent candles to various Rotary clubs in the flood impact locations. The candles will then be distributed by local Rotary Clubs directly to those most in need. Candles have now landed in Shepparton (VIC), Lismore (NSW), Parkes (NSW) and Gympie (QLD) for distribution.
Rotary Australia World Community Service Ltd (RAWCS) is appealing for funds to assist communities impacted by the ongoing flood crisis. Donations can be directed to the RAWCS national flood appeal or to specific appeals covering various flooded regions.
Funds donated to the appeals are being used in the following ways:-
- Backing the projects and immediate assistance programs undertaken by local Rotarians in the flood zones.
- Funding cash vouchers to help with the immediate needs of flood victims as well as supporting local businesses when the vouchers are spent in the impacted towns.
- Assisting with temporary housing initiatives.
- Provision of new clothing and new bed linen.
- Distribution of free mosquito repellant candles to help protect families from diseases carried by swarming mosquitos in the flood aftermath. The candles repel mosquitos for sixty hours, are odorless and normally retail for $16 each.