Rotary Australia Relief Fund
The Rotary Australia Relief Fund (RARF), a public ancillary fund [PAF], was set up to:
- Act as an over-arching fund for many of Rotary’s charitable activities in Australia.
- Act immediately as a recipient of funds donated for disaster relief.
A PAF is a distinct charity and designed by the Commonwealth Government to be a funding entity only for charitable causes [DGR Level 2]. It must transfer all funds for which it has given a tax deductible receipt to a DRG Level I to undertake the actual projects.
The attributes of the PAF are:
- Receive donations immediately after a disaster and transfer the funds to a specific fund set up for that disaster some weeks after the event.
- Receive general donations and hold until sufficient funds have accumulated to release to a DGR 1 entity to undertake a project selected by the Board.
- Receive and hold donations for a period time pending a decision on where the funds are spent.
- Receive donations nominated for a specific cause but not a specific project; specific projects should be registered in the DGR level 1 funds.
The PAF will act as a “financier” under terms and conditions set out by the RAWCS Board.
Distributions from PAF are not limited to Rotary entities with DGR status but to any entity with DGR Level 1 status.
Please read the criteria for RARF projects.Register Rotary Australia Relief Fund Project